Pastorate Prayer Points: Spring 2020
‘Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition make your requests known to God…’ Philippians 4:6
As requested by supporters and readers of our newsletter, we are adding this new ‘Pastorate Prayer Points’ section. Please find below, prayer requests for the communities the Pastorate serves and for the Pastorate team:
- For all postgraduate students, researchers and other members of the university community facing uncertainty regarding current programmes, and especially for the vulnerable among us fearing for their own safety as a result of the Covid-19.
- For medical students, researchers and practitioners currently involved in our programmes, and for alumni now serving all around the world, from South Africa to Singapore to London. Also, pray for all those who would have been involved in the Developing a Christian Mind, March Conference's medical science stream, and who are now on the front lines fighting the pandemic. Pray that God would grant them peace, protection, health, and strength during these trying times.
- For the Transformation Network - for prayer to be sustained within the university departments next term, even if what this looks like changes due to the current situation with coronavirus, and for wisdom about whether and how the network might continue beyond this year.
- For the Oxford Pastorate team - that the Lord would sustain them during this time, and they would be able to find creative ways to support and disciple postgraduates via video-conferencing and other communications tools.
- For the staff and congregations of the churches we partner with in Oxford, especially the four Anglican Churches we are institutionally linked to: St Ebbes, St Aldates, St Clements, and St Andrews.
Whether you are a former Oxford postgraduate, a supporter of the Oxford Pastorate, or simply a reader of this newsletter, the Oxford Pastorate team would be delighted to pray for you. Please send your prayer requests to email@example.com